- 6 medium avocados, peeled, pitted and diced
- Juice of one lime, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 seeded and minced jalapeño or serrano pepper
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place the avocados and lime juice in a medium bowl. Using a fork, mash the avocado to form a smooth-chunky consistency.
Stir in the remaining ingredients and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately or place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the surface of the guacamole and refrigerate until ready to serve, up to several hours or overnight.