- 1 large cucumber, peeled, sliced in half and seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups full fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh dill or oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and cayenne pepper, to taste
Put the cucumber in a strainer set over a bowl. Sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt and allow to drain for 1 hour. Put the yogurt in another fine-mesh strainer set over a bowl and drain for 1 hour. Combine the cucumber and yogurt in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and stir well. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
- Dish Type: Condiment
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple