- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 tablespoon Essence, recipe follows
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 6 ounce andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 30 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 4 ounce mushrooms, stems trimmed, wiped clean, and sliced
- 6 boiled artichoke hearts, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 3 tablespoon chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon leaves
Preheat the oven to 350° F.
In a large resealable bag combine the flour and the Essence. Add the chicken pieces to the bag and shake well.
Heat a large, 6-quart Dutch oven, over medium-high heat, when hot add the olive oil. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
In a small bowl combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan and melted butter and set aside.
Transfer the browned chicken to a plate and set aside. Add the andouille sausage to the pot and cook for 2 to 3 minutes until brown. Add the chopped onions, garlic and remaining flour and stir well. Add the chicken stock, heavy cream and cayenne and bring to a brisk simmer. Add the mushrooms, artichoke hearts, green onions, parsley and tarragon and stir well. Sprinkle half of the bread crumb mixture over the top.
Transfer the pot to the pre-heated oven and cook for 20 to 25 minutes or until the top has browned and the casserole is bubbly. Add the chicken back to the Dutch-oven and sprinkle the remaining bread crumb mixture over the top. Return the casserole to the oven for another 10 minutes to let the chicken heat through.
To serve, transfer to a shallow bowl and serve with crusty bread.
Ma Ma's Mirliton, Shrimp And Crabmeat Casserole
Andouille Cheese Grits Casserole
Andouille Cheese Grits With Crawfish Sauce
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo
Pan Fried Catfish With Andouille Smothered White Beans
Andouille And Potato Soup
Smothered Andouille Sausage And Shrimp Over Creamy Stone Ground Grits
Alligator Sauce Piquante
Andouille And Chicken Jambalaya