- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 5 ounces baby spinach, stems trimmed
- 4 ounces baby cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked black-eyed peas
- 4 ounces crumbled goat cheese
- 1/4 cup Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh mint
Heat the olive oil in a medium-size sauté pan over medium heat, when hot add the minced shallots and cook for 1 minute, or until tender. Add the garlic and cook for another 30 seconds to 1 minute longer. Add the spinach and cook, stirring until wilted and most of the liquid has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Toss until the tomatoes are warmed through. Transfer from the pan to a large mixing bowl. Add the black-eyed peas, crumbled goat cheese, the vinaigrette and the mint and toss well.
Serve warm or at room temperature.