- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus more to brush the dishes
- 2 tablespoons flour for dusting the dishes
- 1 ½ pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- ¾ half and half
- 8 ounces gruyère cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
- 1 teaspoon chopped, fresh, thyme leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 3 egg whites
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
Preheat the oven to 400° F.
Butter and flour 8 -6-ounce ramekins.
In a medium saucepan cover the potatoes with cold water and season with salt. Bring to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer. Cook the potatoes for 20 minutes or until tender. Return the potatoes to the pan and cook over medium-high heat for 2 -3 minutes or just until they are dried out. Press the potatoes through a potato ricer into a large mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of butter, the half and half, gruyère cheese, herbs and salt and pepper and mix well. Fold in the egg yolks.
In the bowl of a standing mixer, beat the 7 egg whites until foamy. Add the cream of tartar and continue to whip the whites until stiff peaks form. Using a rubber spatula, fold the egg whites into the potato mixture. Spoon the mixture into the prepared ramekins and bake in the bottom third of the oven for about 25 minutes or until the soufflé has puffed and is golden brown.
Potatoes Braised with Apples, Bacon and Cabbage
Bacon and Leek Souffle
Salad of New Potatoes and Roasted Walnuts with Warm Bacon Vinaigrette
Truffle Potato Soup With Truffle Mushroom Dumplings And Fried Parsley
Ham and Gruyere Waffles
Mozzarella Cheese Toast
Potato Soup with Bacon and Cheddar
Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Tart
Beef Tenderloin Sandwich with Arugula, Sliced Onions and Bernaise Sauce
Caramelized Onions and Potatoes au Gratin