- 1 ½ pounds flank steak, sliced against the grain into 1/4 -inch thick slices
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch, divided
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 or 6 Chinese dried peppers, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- ¼ cup beef stock or low sodium chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 4 greens onions, stems removed and trimmed into 2-inch lengths.
- White rice for serving
Combine the beef with 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, 2 tablespoons soy sauce and 2 tablespoons of cornstarch and mix well. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Dredge the beef slices in the remaining cornstarch until lightly coated.
Press the sauté function, select the beef setting. Press the timer; set to 20 minutes. Press the temperature and set to 360º F. Start. Cook the beef in batches for 5 minutes per batch. Allow the beef to brown undisturbed. Transfer the beef to a platter once brown and continue until you have browned all the beef.
Press the sauté function, select the beef setting. Press the timer; set to 5 minutes. Set the temperature to 360º F. Start. Add the beef stock, brown sugar, dark soy sauce and sesame oil to the pan and cook for 2 minutesand deglaze the pan, scraping up all the brown bits. Add the onion, peppers, garlic, and ginger and cook for 3 minutes, continue scraping up any brown bits from the pan.
Lock the pressure lid into place. Press the pressure function, select custom setting, set for 3 minutes. Start. When the cooking has finished, press cancel. Allow the pressure to release naturally. Remove the lid and add the green onions and mix well.
Serve immediately with white rice.
Note: This recipe was created specifically for the Emeril Lagasse Pressure AirFryer by Tristar. As such, cook times and temperatures may need to be adjusted if you would like to make this recipe in another pressure cooker.