- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Nduja, removed from casing
- 1/2 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chopped flatleaf parsley, optional
Heat a mediuim nonstick skillet over medium heat and add the oil, garlic, and Nduja and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon and breaking up the Nduja as needed to help it render its fat. Add the breadcrumbs, season with salt and pepper and add the parsley, and cook, stirring, until crumbs are toasted and crispy, 3 to 4 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Use as desired to top custards, casseroles, and pasta dishes just before serving. May be stored in the refrigerator or freezer for up to several weeks.