- 1 pound strawberries cut in half or quartered
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon basil chiffonade plus basil leaves for garnish
- 12 ounces premium tequila
- 4 ounces lime juice
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier or other orange flavored liquor
In a blender combine the strawberries, balsamic vinegar,sugar and basil and blend until smooth. Strain through a fine mesh strainer. Set aside until ready to use. Yields about 1 1/2 cups of puree.
Combine 3/4 cup strawberry puree with the tequila, lime juice, orange liquor and ice in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour into glasses and serve garnished with a strawberry and basil sprigs.
- Source: Emeril's Test Kitchen
- Dish Type: Beverage/Alcoholic
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Occasion: Cocktail Party
- Effort Level: Simple