- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter to grease the pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons whole milk
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 2/3 cup coconut milk
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons coconut rum
- Sweetened Whipped Cream
Preheat the air fryer to 350º F.
Butter the bottom and sides of a 9x9" baking dish.
In a small bowl, whisk the flour and baking powder together. In a large mixing bowl, beat the egg whites using an electric mixer, until the whites form soft peaks. Gradually beat in the sugar. Add the egg yolks one at a time, beating to blend with each addition. In a separate small bowl combine the whole milk and vanilla. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions, alternating with milk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour. Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish.
Slide the Pizza Rack into Shelf Position 5. Place the casserole dish on the Pizza Rack.Rotate the Program Selection Knob to the Bake setting for 20 minutes. Press the Start/Pause Button to begin the cooking cycle.After 20 minutes reduce the heat to 325 F and continue to cook until the cake is golden brown and the middle of the cake springs back when you touch it. Remove the cake from the oven and place on a wire rack. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a medium bowl combine the evaporated milk, coconut milk, sweetened condensed milk and the rum and whisk well to combine.Using a skewer poke holes all over the top of the cake. Slowly pour the milk mixture over the cake, letting the liquid absorb before adding more. Garnish the cake with the Sweetened Whipped Cream and serve.