- 1 1/4 cups finely diced strawberries
- 1/2 cup finely diced nectarine
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon basil chiffonade plus 4 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon roughly chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- four 6-ounce artic char fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and stems trimmed
In a medium size bowl combine the strawberries, nectarine, red onion, basil cilantro, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 tablespoon of white balsamic vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use.
Season the artic char fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a 12-inch non-stick saute pan over medium-high heat, when hot add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. As soon as the oil begins to smoke add the artic char skin side down and cook for 2 minutes. Flip the fish and add the butter and basil leaves. Baste the fish with the butter for 2 minutes or until the fish is lightly brown. Transfer from the pan to a paper towel lined plate. Remove the basil leaves and place one leaf on each fillet.
In a small bowl toss the watercress with a teaspoon of olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
Divide the watercress between four plates, place one fillet of fish on the watercress and garnish with the strawberry relish. Serve warm.