- 1 pint raw oysters, drained and patted dry (picked over for any shells)
- 1 cup Wondra instant flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup coarse dry breadcrumbs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon good quality dried oregano, rubbed between your fingers, or 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Aleppo pepper or 1 ½ teaspoons crushed red pepper
Place the Wondra in a shallow dish and season with the half of the salt and the cayenne.
Place the buttermilk in a second dish. In a third dish, combine both types of breadcrumbs with the oregano, Parmesan cheese, lemon zest, remaining salt, and Aleppo pepper.
Dredge the oysters first in the Wondra, then in the buttermilk, then in the breadcrumb mixture, shaking to remove any excess after each step. Place the oysters on a wire rack and refrigerate until ready to fry, up to 30 minutes in advance.
Heat a deep fryer or a pot with at least 4 inches of oil to 365 degrees F.
Working in small batches, fry the oysters until they are golden brown, crisp, and floating on top of the oil, about 2 minutes. Remove from the oil with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels briefly before serving.
Delmonico Fried Oyster Bordelaise
Paneed Oyster Guappo Salad
Emeril's Delmonico Crispy Pork Cheeks with Creole Dirty Rice
Paneed Chicken with Creamed Garlic Potatoes and Braised Kale
Baked Oysters with Braised Leeks and Tasso Hollandaise
Fried Oyster Po'boy With Jalapeño Mayonnaise And Avocado
Creole Mirliton Pirogues
Emeril's Classic Seafood Gumbo
Delmonico's Guappo Salad
Chicken and Andouille Gumbo