- 8 ounces fresh squid ink fettucine *(found in specialty markets)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced garlic
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced Calabrian peppers, can substitute jalapenos
- ¼ cup pasta water
- 1 cup baby arugula, stems trimmed
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat, picked of shells and cartilage
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
Bring a medium-size saucepan of water to a rolling boil and season with sea salt. Add the pasta to the water and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pasta is just tender. Drain and set aside.
In a medium-size sauté pan, over medium heat, add the olive oil, sliced garlic and peppers and gently cook the garlic until it turns a pale or golden brown. As soon as the garlic begins to brown, add the pasta water and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta to the pan and toss to coat. Add the arugula, crabmeat and lemon juice and toss with the past being careful not to break up the lumps of crab. Cook for 1 minute or until heated through.
Transfer the pasta to a serving platter or individual dishes and garnish with the toasted almonds.
- Source: Meril Restaurant
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Cooking Method: Combination
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple