- 1 small head romaine lettuce, shredded or finely chopped
- 1 sweet yellow onion or 8 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into small dice
- 2 to 3 ripe tomatoes, diced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 9 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, for seasoning
Combine the lettuce, onion, cucumbers, tomatoes, parsley, mint, and dill in a salad bowl and toss to combine thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Drizzle over the salad, toss well to combine, and serve immediately.