- 2 cups cake flour
- 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 1/3 cups extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Zest of 1 orange
- Confectioner's sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Segmented oranges, for serving (optional)
Grease a 10-inch cake pan well with butter and line the bottom of the pan with a piece of parchment paper. Grease the paper well with butter and set the pan aside while you preheat the oven to 350°F.
Into a medium bowl, sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs together with the olive oil, milk, heavy cream, Grand Marnier, orange juice, lemon juice, and zests.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake in the middle of the oven until a tester comes out clean and the cake is a deep golden brown, 40 to 45 minutes.
Allow cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the side of the cake and invert the cake onto a cooling rack. Remove the parchment from the bottom of the cake and discard. Turn cake right side up and cool on the rack.
To serve, sprinkle the cake with confectioners' sugar and serve with fresh fruit if desired.