- 1½ pounds French green beans, stems removed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound shallots, peeled, stem end removed and cut into quarters
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup slivered almonds, lightly toasted
Fill a large saucepan three-quarters full with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add the green beans and 1 tablespoon of the salt and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the water and drain in a colander.
Once the green beans are well drained, place in a large bowl and add the shallots, the remaining teaspoon of salt, the white pepper and the olive oil. Toss well to coat evenly and place in the basket of the Air Fryer and close the drawer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and the timer for 25 minutes. Cook the green beans, tossing them twice throughout the cooking process to ensure even browning. The green beans should be lightly browned and tender once cooked.
When done, remove the green beans from the Air Fryer and transfer to a serving platter. Serve while hot.
- Dish Type: Sides