- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 8 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 3 teaspoons vindaloo curry
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 Thai red chili or 1 serrano chili
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar or muscavado
- Salt, to taste
- 2 pounds firm white fish, such as cod or halibut
- 1 cup blanced cauliflower florets
- 1 cup blanched sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup chickpeas
- 1/2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 2 cups cooked basmati rice
In a blender or a food processor combine the coconut milk, cilantro, curry powder, scallions, garlic, gingerred chili and palm sugar and blend well. Transfer the paste to a bowl. Remove about 1/2 cup of the paste to save for later. Toss the fish in the paste and let stand for about 15 minutes.
Preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
Make four, 12-inch squares of double-sided aluminum foil. Divide the cauliflower, sugar snap peas, chickpeas and red pepper between the four squares. Spoon the fish and sauce over the vegetables and season with salt. Bring the edges of the foil together and crimp to form a tightly sealed parcel.
Transfer the parcels to the grill, cover and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the fish is cooked through.
To serve, divide the rice evenly among four shallow bowls. Open the parcels and carefully pour the contents over the rice. Spoon a little more of the reserved curry sauce over the dish and serve immediately.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin with Indian Spices, Peach Chutney and Basmati Rice Pilaf
Indian-Style Basmati Rice
Vietnamese-Style Curried Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles
Sous Vide Curried Pumpkin and Sweet Potato
Thai-Style Grilled Chicken with Lemongrass-Kumquat Chutney
Viet-Style Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry
Clams in a Thai-Style Coconut Lemongrass Broth
Air Fried Southwest-Style Pork Loin
Texas style Patty Melts
Sous Vide Viet-Style Pork Tenderloins