- Four 10-ounce portions of rainbow trout fillets, pin bones removed, skin on
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons vegetable or grapeseed oil, or more as needed for sautéing
- 2 cups blanched haricots verts, cut in half lengthwise on the bias
- 16 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 cups jumbo lump crabmeat, picked over for shells and cartilage
- 1 cup minced shallots
- 1 cup Chive Beurre Blanc, for serving
Dredge the trout fillets in the flour that has been seasoned with the salt and pepper. Shake to remove any excess.
Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet and when hot, add the trout fillets (in batches if necessary) and cook until golden brown on both sides and just cooked through. Transfer the fillets to warmed serving plates while you finish the dish. (If necessary, add additional oil between batches for sautéing the fish.)
To the drippings remaining in the pan, add the shallots and cook until softened. Add the haricots verts and cook, tossing, until just heated through. Add the crabmeat and tomatoes and toss just until heated through. Season the vegetable-crab mixture with salt and pepper and spoon over the fish fillets. Drizzle the fillets and around the plate with the Chive Beurre Blanc.