- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more to drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated, aged Fontina
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Place the sliced baguette in a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil and the salt and pepper.
Rub each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic. Transfer the bread to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of Fontina.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, bubbly and golden brown.
Transfer the toasts to a platter, sprinkle with the basil chiffonade and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve with Cream of Smoked Tomato Soup.
Blue Crab and Saffron Gemelli with Confit Tomatoes, Herb Bread Crumbs, Burrata Mozzarella
Guinness Cupcakes with Bailey's Irish Cream Cheese Frosting
Smoked Salmon Tartare On Toast Points
Smoked Duck, Spiced Ricotta and Fig Jam Toasts
Potatoes Braised with Apples, Bacon and Cabbage
Rhubarb and Goat Cheese Tart
Spinach and Feta Tarts
Orange Almond Cake
Mexican-Style Yellow Rice with Black Beans