- 1 baguette, sliced into 1/2-inch slices
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus more to drizzle
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, cut in half
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated, aged Fontina
- 2 tablespoons basil chiffonade
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Place the sliced baguette in a large bowl and toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil and the salt and pepper.
Rub each slice of bread with the cut side of the garlic. Transfer the bread to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Top each slice with 1 tablespoon of the mozzarella and 1 tablespoon of Fontina.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted, bubbly and golden brown.
Transfer the toasts to a platter, sprinkle with the basil chiffonade and drizzle with a little olive oil.
Serve with Cream of Smoked Tomato Soup.