- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon Creole or whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
Put the egg, lemon juice, green onions, garlic, parsley, and mustard in the bowl of a food processor and puree for 15 seconds. With the processor running, pour the oil through the feed tube in a steady stream. Season with the salt and pepper.
Cover and let sit in the refrigerator for 1 hour before using. Best if used within 24 hours.