- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
In a medium-size bowl combine the shrimp, sherry, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and toss well. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
In a small bowl combine the chicken stock, soy, oyster, and chili-garlic sauces, cornstarch, sugar and sesame oil and whisk well.
Heat oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and the green onions and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until the shrimp are just opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Add the chicken broth mixture and bring to a brisk simmer. Cook until the mixture is thick and coats the shrimp, about 2 minutes.
Transfer to a platter or a bowl and serve with rice.
Mongolian Beef in the Pressure Cooker
Five Spice Chicken for the Pressure Cooker
Garlicky Chinese Green Beans for the Pressure Cooker
Savory Carrot and Cardamom Flan
Crispy Air-Fried Shrimp Sliders
Vietnamese-Style Curried Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles
Shrimp And Crabmeat Stuffed Mirlitons
Cold Soba Noodles with Shrimp and Peanut Miso Dressing
Ramp, Shrimp and Tomato Risotto
Creole Shrimp Deviled Eggs