- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock or water
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili-garlic sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 1 teaspoon hot sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or canola oil
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, medium dice
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced on the bias
In a medium-size bowl combine the shrimp, sherry, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper and toss well. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
In a small bowl combine the chicken stock, soy, oyster, and chili-garlic sauces, cornstarch, sugar and sesame oil and whisk well.
Heat oil in a wok or large saute pan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and the green onions and cook until tender, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook until the shrimp are just opaque, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Add the chicken broth mixture and bring to a brisk simmer. Cook until the mixture is thick and coats the shrimp, about 2 minutes.
Transfer to a platter or a bowl and serve with rice.
Five Spice Chicken for the Pressure Cooker
Mongolian Beef in the Pressure Cooker
Viet-Style Lemongrass Chicken Stir Fry
Pork Medallions With Bacon, Onions And Apples
Savory Carrot and Cardamom Flan
Garlicky Chinese Green Beans for the Pressure Cooker
Crispy Air-Fried Shrimp Sliders
Vietnamese-Style Curried Shrimp with Cellophane Noodles
Cold Soba Noodles with Shrimp and Peanut Miso Dressing
Ramp, Shrimp and Tomato Risotto