- 8 eggs
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup thinly sliced bell peppers (yellow, red, orange, or a mix)
- 1 cup thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 cup small-diced smoked ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, basil, thyme, parsley, or your favorite mix
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese (about 1/4 pound)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, for serving
Set a rack in the upper third of oven and preheat broiler.
In a small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, salt, and pepper until combined.
In a 10-inch ovenproof saute pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium-high heat. Add onions and peppers and cook, 7 to 8 minutes, stirring as needed, until soft. Add zucchini and spinach (or other chopped fresh vegetables) and cook, 2 minutes. Add ham and cook until warmed through, 1 minute. Add remaining tablespoon butter and, when melted, add egg mixture. Sprinkle fresh herbs over eggs and top with Swiss cheese. Reduce heat to medium and cook eggs, undisturbed, 3 minutes, or until surface of eggs begins to bubble and bottom starts to set. Immediately place pan in oven and broil eggs until golden brown on top and sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove pan from oven. Using a rubber spatula, loosen frittata from sides of pan. Tilt pan and gently slide frittata onto a serving plate. Garnish with Parmigiano and serve hot or warm.
Roasted Garlic Soup
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
A Melange Of Roasted Root Vegetables
Udon Noodle Stir-fry With Vegetables
Kale And Chickpea Stew
Stir-fried Squid With Chile Sauce
Spicy Sirloin Steak Fajitas
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips