- 1/4 pound thick-cut bacon, chopped
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 medium size yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 pounds green Swiss chard, washed, drained, and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
In a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crispy and fat has rendered, 8 to 10 minutes. Add the fennel, onion, garlic, and chard stems and cook for 5 minutes or until tender.
Add half the chard and cook until wilted, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the remaining chard and continue to cook until all of the chard is wilted and tender, 3 to 4 minutes longer.
Add the Parmesan and toss well. Transfer to a plate and serve immediately.