- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender, blend egg, lemon juice, and sambal oelek for 10 seconds. With the processor running, slowly pour in oil through the feed tube in a slow and steady stream until thoroughly incorporated and mixture is emulsified. Add salt and pepper and pulse once or twice to blend.
- Transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before using. Best if used within 24 hours.
- Source: Emeril's Table: Magic of Phyllo