- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 ounces pancetta, diced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- One (28-ounce) can San Marzano tomatoes, crushed*
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 pound of your favorite pasta cooked according to package instructions and set aside to keep warm
- *Note: Or substitute with one (28-ounce) jar of Emeril’s Home Style Marinara Sauce
Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a large sauté pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring frequently, until it is crisp and has rendered most of its fat, 3 to 4 minutes. Lower the heat to medium and add the shallots; cook, stirring until softened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and when it has melted, add the tomatoes, salt, pepper and oregano, and cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened and flavors have come together, about 10-12. Add 1/4 cup Parmesan to the sauce, stir, remove from the heat and cover with a lid to keep warm.
Divide the cooked pasta among 4 serving plates.
Spoon some of the sauce over the top of the pasta and garnish with the remaining Parmesan and with freshly ground black pepper.
Homemade Semolina Pasta
Cheese Ravioli With Butter Sauce
Emeril's Quick And Perfect Guacamole And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Fettuccine with Peas and Bacon
Emeril's Perfect Mexican Salsa And Homemade Tortilla Chips
Quail Milton with Wild Mushroom-Andouille Duxelles and Port Wine Sauce
Banana Cream Pie with Caramel Drizzles and Chocolate Sauce
Seared Tri-tip Steak With Bearnaise Sauce And Pommes Frites
Braised And Barbecued Pork Shanks With Spicy New Mexican Barbecue Sauce And Cheddar-jalapeno Cornbread