- 2 cups hoisin sauce
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 8 (1/2-inch-thick) pork chops
- 1/2 cup honey
- Vegetable oil
- Cabbage, Pineapple, and Macadamia Nut Slaw
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the hoisin, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice vinegar, garlic, ginger and red-pepper flakes. Add the pork chops and turn to coat. Remove the chops from the marinade.
- Reserve the marinade and combine with the honey in a medium saucepan. Bring the honey marinade mixture to a boil and cook at a low boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Add chops to a large sauté pan or grill pan coated with vegetable oil and sear on until golden brown on both sides, about 6 minutes per side. Pour the reduced marinade over the chops and bake for 10 minutes, or until cooked through and an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Remove the chops from the oven and set aside to rest for a few minutes. Serve with slaw.