- 2 pounds boneless thin-cut porkchops (about 8 small chops)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup fine dry unseasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 4 teaspoons Emeril's Original Essence or Emeril's Essence Creole Seasoning
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup jarred marinara sauce, plus more (heated) for serving with pasta if desired
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
- Cooked pasta, for serving (optional)
Preheat the broiler, and line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
Season the pork chops on both sides with the salt and pepper. Set three shallow pans side by side. Place the flour in one, the egg and milk in another, and the breadcrumbs and cheese in the third pan. Season the flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence, the egg-milk mixture with 1 1/2 teaspoons of the Essence, and the breadcrumbs with 1 teaspoon of the Essence. Stir the flour to incorporate the Essence; beat the eggs, milk, and Essence to blend; and toss the breadcrumbs with the cheese and Essence to combine.
Dredge the pork chops in the flour and shake to remove any excess. Working with one at a time, dip the pork chops in the egg wash to coat, then transfer them to the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly, shaking to remove any excess.
Set a 12-inch saute pan over medium- high heat and add the olive oil. When the oil is hot, place half of the breaded pork chops in the pan and cook until golden brown, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes per side. Transfer the browned pork chops to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining pork chops.
Spread 2 tablespoons of the marinara sauce over each of the pork chops, and top each with 1/4 cup of the grated mozzarella. Place the baking sheet under the broiler and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned in spots and the chops are just cooked through. Remove from the oven and, if desired, serve over cooked pasta with additional marinara sauce.
- Source: Emeril 20-40-60
- Dish Type: Entree
- Cuisine: Italian
- Cooking Method: Broiling
- Occasion: Any