- 4 (12-ounce) bone-in veal chops
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons Essence
- 1 cup bleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup fine dried bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup clarified butter
- 1 bunch arugula, stemmed, washed, patted dry, and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 4 ripe plum tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds), cored and chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into 4 wedges
- One at a time, using a thin sharp knife, cut a slit into the side of the meaty part of each chop, about 3 inches long and 1-inch deep, being careful not to cut all the way through to the bone. Gently open out the chop so the meat surface is about twice as wide as before. Place the chop between 2 large pieces of plastic wrap on a work surface. Using a flat meat mallet, pound the meat until 1/4-inch thick.
- Season both sides of each chop with 1/2 teaspoon of the Essence. Combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of the Essence in a shallow bowl. Put the bread crumbs in another shallow bowl and season with the remaining 1 tablespoon Essence. Combine the eggs and milk in another shallow bowl and whisk to blend.
- Dredge the chops in the seasoned flour and shake off excess. Dip in the egg wash, and then coat both sides with the bread crumbs. Set on a baking sheet.
- Heat the clarified butter in a large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Two at a time, add the chops and cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Cut into a chop at the bone to check for donenessóthey should be barely pink. Using a slotted spatula, transfer the chops to a baking sheet and keep warm in the oven while you cook the other chops.
- Meanwhile, toss the arugula, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
- Place a chop on each plate. Mound a portion of the arugula salad on top of each chop, and serve with a lemon wedge on the side.
The Girls' Oven Roasted Salmon And Veggie Lentils
Emeril's Shrimp Scampi With Herbed Rice Pilaf
Grilled Veal Chops With Herb Cheese, Wild Mushroom Tomato Bordelaise
Sweetbread Stuffed Veal Chop With Seared Fois Gras And Candied Apples, Squash And Pecans
Monster Herbed Veal Chops With Rosemary Potato Crisps And Roasted Shallot Sauce
Crawfish Stuffed Veal Chops With Crawfish Marchand De Vin Sauce And Creamy White Cheddar Cheese Grits
Parmesan-Crusted Snapper with a Baby Arugula and Cherry Tomato Salad
Veal Braciolone with Tomato Braised Escarole and Creamy Polenta
Miss Hilda's Favorite Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
Ej's Simple Italian Meatball Soup