- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon milk or water
- 1/2 cup olive oil or ghee
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt, mixing well. Add the milk or water and stir until combined. Knead dough for 1 to 2 minutes. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and divide into 8 equal portions. One at a time, roll each portion out as thinly as possible, into an 8-inch circle. Using a pastry brush, brush off any excess flour from the dough.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil or ghee in a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Place the dough round in the skillet and cook until golden, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. Wipe skillet clean and repeat with remaining dough and oil. Cover the roti bread and keep warm until ready to serve the filling.
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Fillings And Fried Plantains
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Filling And Fried Plantains
Roasted Pork Loin With Guava Glaze And Calypso Rice
Cho-cho (mirliton) Fritters With Coconut Rum Sauce
Spicy Coconut Soup with Shrimp and Lobster
Cranberry Pecan Bread
Basic Bread Dough For Stuffed Bread
Hot Out Of The Oven Bread
Try It, You'll Like It Zucchini Bread