- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon pick-a-peppa sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped fresh mustard greens
- 1 cup diced yellow squash
- 1/2 cup peeled, seeded, and chopped tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add the garlic cloves and rice and cook, stirring, until well browned, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the honey, thyme, pick-a-peppa sauce, chicken stock, greens, squash, and tomatoes. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover, and cook for 1 hour or until the rice is cooked through.
- Remove lid from saucepan, and fluff rice with a fork. Serve warm with Roasted Pork Loin with Guava Glaze.
Roasted Pork Loin With Guava Glaze And Calypso Rice
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Fillings And Fried Plantains
Cho-cho (mirliton) Fritters With Coconut Rum Sauce
Trinidad Roti With Curried Goat Stew Filling And Fried Plantains
Spicy Coconut Soup with Shrimp and Lobster
Mr. John's Rice Dressing
Spinach and Rice Casserole with Feta and Toasted Walnuts