- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Basic Cornbread, or 4 cups crumbled leftover cornbread
- 3/4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 9-inch square baking dish and set aside.
- To cook rice, combine 2 cups chicken stock, water, and rice in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer, cover and cook until tender, about 1 hour. Drain rice and transfer to a large bowl.
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet. Add onion and celery and season with salt, Essence, and black pepper. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Add parsley and thyme and cook another minute. Remove from the heat and add to bowl with rice.
- Add 4 cups of crumbled Basic Cornbread and pecans to the rice mixture and stir to combine. Transfer rice mixture to baking dish. Drizzle remaining 1/2 cup chicken stock and butter over mixture. Bake until cornbread is golden and crispy, about 20 minutes.