- 4 (8-ounce) pieces beef top round, about 1/2-inch thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Emeril's Original Essence
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 pint oysters, drained
- Cream Gravy
- Using a meat mallet, vigorously pound each steak until well tenderized and about 1/8-inch thick.
- In a large bowl combine the flour with 3 tablespoons Essence. In another large bowl combine the buttermilk with the remaining 1 tablespoon Essence.
- Coat the steak with the flour. Shake off the excess flour, dip the steaks in the buttermilk and then coat again with the flour. Place the coated steaks on a rack over a sheet tray until ready to fry.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- Heat 1/2-inch of oil in a large, deep skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Fry the steaks in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- When the steak is done, transfer to a paper-lined tray or plate to drain, and keep warm in the oven while you fry the oysters and make the gravy.
- Coat the oysters with the flour. Shake off the excess flour, dip the oysters in the buttermilk and then coat again with flour. Fry the oysters in the hot oil until golden brown and cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the oysters to another paper-lined tray and place in the oven.Reserve pan with fond to make the gravy.
- Serve the steaks topped with the gravy, then the oysters. Garnish with remaining 1/4 cup green onions.
Chicken-fried Steaks And Oysters With Cream Gravy
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Fried Oysters With Horseradish Cream And Tomato-corn Salsa
Country Fried Steak With White Gravy
Turkey with Oyster Dressing and Old-Fashioned Gravy
Emerilized Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy And Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Chicken Fried Pork Chops With Andouille Milk Gravy Over Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas