- 4 (22 to 24-ounce) dry-aged T-bone steaks, about 1 1/2-inches thick
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (not extra-virgin), or olive oil blended with vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the steaks very well on both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat 2 large ovenproof skillets over high heat until very hot. Divide the olive oil between the skillets and, when hot, add the steaks to the pans and sear on the first side for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned around the edges. Turn the steaks over to the other side and immediately transfer the skillets to the oven. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer registers 130 to 135 degrees F, for medium-rare.
- Remove the steaks from the skillets and set aside, loosely covered, for 5 minutes before serving.
- Note: the longer dry aged steaks have been aged, the more quickly they will cook.