- 1 large Maui onion
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound green beans, ends trimmed
- 1/4 pound bacon, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the onion on a large piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle the onion with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Wrap the onion tightly in the foil and roast until tender and lightly golden brown, about 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool slightly. When cool enough to handle, slice and set aside.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, blanch the green beans until they are slightly tender, but still have a slight crunch. Drain and immediately shock in an ice water bath to stop the cooking. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- In a saute pan, cook the bacon until the fat is rendered and the bacon is crispy. With a slotted spoon, add the bacon to the green beans. Add the warm, sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Toss well and serve.
Big Island Tomato And Maui Onion Salad
Cucumber Papaya Salad
Molokai Sweet Potato Salad
Roasted Sweet Potato Salad
Make Your Own Salad With Creamy Green Salad Dressing
Grilled Taro Leaf Wrapped Mahi Mahi With Lilikoi (passion Fruit) Reduction
Mocha Ice Cream Sandwiches With Macadamia Nut Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Mocha Ice Cream
Macadamia Nut Hawaiian Vintage Chocolate Chunk Cookie