- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup minced shallots
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 ounces orchiette, bowtie or radiatore pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- 8 ounces chopped smoked salmon
- 3 ounces salmon roe
- Dill sprigs, garnish
- In a colander, place the cucumber slices and lightly sprinkle with salt. Let drain for 30 minutes, then pat dry with paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic, and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the wine, bring to a boil, and cook until nearly evaporated. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sour cream, heavy cream, vinegar, lemon zest, dill, salt, and pepper. Add the shallot mixture and whisk to combine.
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold running water. Drain well. Toss with the sauce and cucumbers. Adjust the seasoning, to taste. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
- Before serving or packing for a picnic, toss with the chives and salmon. Gently fold in the salmon roe immediately before serving. Garnish with dill sprigs and serve.
Smoked Salmon, Crispy Bacon And Maytag Blue Cheese Salad
Cold Cucumber Soup With Smoked Salmon
Frisee Salad with House Smoked Salmon, Toasted Almonds, and Tarragon-Citrus Vinaigrette
Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And Artichoke Hearts With Lemon Vinaigrette And Choron Sauce
Cold Cream Of Zucchini And Watercress Soup
Smoked Salmon, Squaquerone Cheese, Red Onion, And Arugula
Cold Cucumber Soup With Louisiana Oysters On The Half Shell And Osteria Caviar
Sweet Water Prawns Over Spinach Pappardelle With A Champagne And Salmon Roe Butter Sauce
Tea Smoked Salmon With Wasabi Cucumber Remoulade With Toast Points
Cold Lobster And Vanilla Bean Salad Over Fresh Maiche With Toasted Croutons