- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 stick Irish butter
- 1/2 bunch scallions (green onions), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup fresh baby peas, cooked and drained
Place the potatoes in a medium saucepan. Cover with salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender. Drain well and return to the pan.
Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the green onions and garlic and cook, stirring, until soft and fragrant, 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Return the pan with the potatoes to medium-low heat and cook for 1 minute, shaking the pan. While mashing with a potato masher, slowly add the milk, mashing until the potatoes are creamy. Add the parsley and 1/2 of the hot butter with the green onions and mash to incorporate. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper, to taste.
Remove from the heat and fold in the cooked peas. Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle the remaining butter and onions over the top. Serve hot.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1G06e
- Dish Type: Sides
- Cuisine: Other
- Cooking Method: Combination
- Occasion: Any
- Effort Level: Simple