- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds veal breast, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into rounds
- 1 leek, white portion only, well rinsed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 stalk celery, trimmed and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 12 small pearl onions, peeled and trimmed
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 Bouquet Garni
- 8 ounces assorted mushrooms, wiped clean, stems discarded, caps left whole
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, garnish
- Wild rice mix, accompaniment
- In a Dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add the veal and sear on all sides. Remove the veal to a plate and set aside.
- Add the remaining butter and melt. Add the carrots, leeks, celery, and pearl onions, and cook, stirring, until soft, 3 minutes. Add the flour, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the stock, wine, reserved meat, and bouquet garni and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Discard the bouquet garni and add the mushrooms. Cook for 15 minutes, or until the mushrooms are cooked through and tender. Add the lemon juice, cream, and herbs.
- Pour the sauce over the meat and vegetables and sprinkle with the parsley. Serve hot over wild rice mixture.
- Source: Emeril Live EM1F54e
- Dish Type: Entree