- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tablespoons Essence
- 4 (12 to 14-ounce) Rib eye steaks
- 2 large green bell peppers, cut into 1/4-inch thick rings, stems, cores and seeds discarded
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup masa harina
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- Emeril's Maitre d'Hotel Butter, sliced
- Chopped parsley, garnish
- In a mixing bowl, combine the oil and 1/2 cup Essence, stirring well. Place the steaks on a baking dish and rub the oil mixture on both sides. Let sit for at least 1 hour. (If marinating longer, refrigerate the meat, then bring to room temperature before cooking.)
- Preheat the grill, and preheat the oil in a deep fat fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the steaks on the grill and cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium-rare.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with 1 tablespoon of the Essence. In another bowl, combine the masa with the remaining tablespoon of Essence. In a third bowl, combine the eggs and milk and beat well. In batches, dredge the pepper rings in the flour, egg wash, and masa mixtures, shaking to remove any excess. Fry, turning, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove the pepper rings from the oil and drain on paper towels. Season lightly with Essence.
- To serve, place the steaks on a plate. Stack the pepper rings on top and place a 2 tablespoon slice of the compound butter on each steak in the center of the peppers. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.
Emeril's Maitre D'hotel Butter
New York Strip With Beurre Maitre D'hotel
New York Strip with Beurre Maitre D'hotel
Marinated and Grilled London Broil with Emeril's Homemade Steak Sauce
Ham Steaks With Red Eye Gravy, Sweet Potato Biscuits And Molasses Pecan Butter
Beurre Maitre D'hotel
Creole Crusted Rib Eye Steak With Dirty White Beans
Bone-in Rib-eye Steak with Marchand Du Vin Sauce
Grilled Flank Steak Tostadas With Black Bean Puree, Roasted Pepper Salsa And Cilantro-Tequila Cream
Grilled Rib Eyes With A Smithfield Ham Cole Slaw