- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated lime zest
- 1 teaspoon very finely grated orange zest
- 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 whole pompano, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons Essence
- Grapefruit Butter Sauce
- 4 1/4-inch slices fresh orange
- 4 1/4-inch slices fresh lime
- 4 1/4-inch slices fresh lemon
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
In a bowl, combine the zests, breadcrumbs, butter, shallots, salt, pepper, and sugar, and mix well.
Season the flesh side of the pompano with the Essence. Stuff each fish with a slice of orange, lime and lemon. Place the fish in a roasting pan and bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven. Divide the crumb mixture evenly among the fish and pack lightly to make a crust. Return to the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes longer.
Remove from the oven and transfer to 4 large plates. Top with the sauce and serve immediately.