- FOR THE GARLIC MOJITO SORBET:
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1/4 cup soda water
- FOR THE SPICY HONEY GARLIC BRITTLE:
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup spicy chile honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- Reserved sweet garlic puree, from Mojito Sorbet
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- For the Garlic Mojito Sorbet: In a saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and garlic. Bring to a boil and cook for 5 minutes, until sugar is dissolved, but not at all colored. Remove from the heat, strain, reserving garlic, and cool completely. Mash the reserved garlic in a mortar and pestle and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the cooled sugar water, lime, mint, and rum. Blend until well combined. Add the soda water and place in an ice cream machine. Process according to manufacturer's instructions.
- For the Brittle: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment or waxed paper. Combine the water and sugar in a large nonstick heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar, 4 to 5 minutes. Add the corn syrup, honey, and salt, and stir constantly and slowly with a wooden spoon until the mixture comes to a gentle boil, about 2 minutes. Continue stirring until the mixture reaches 290 degrees F on a candy thermometer. Remove the pan from the heat. Add the butter, reserved garlic puree, and baking soda and stir until the butter is completely melted, about 1 minute. Pour the mixture onto the baking sheets, being careful as it is very hot, and spread it evenly with a rubber spatula. Let cool completely.
- Break the brittle into shards. Scoop the sorbet into decorative glasses. Place a shard of brittle in the sorbet and garnish with mint sprigs and/or lime.
Bloody Bull Cocktails With Fried Elephant Garlic Chips
Roasted Garlic Custards With Seared Shrimp And Green Onion Coulis
Honeyed Date Nut Muffins With Orange Honey Butter
Roasted Garlic And Red Bell Pepper Dip
Mixed Nut Brittle
Roasted Peach Soup Garnished With Peach Sorbet And Butter Cookies
Almond Tuile Cups With Raspberry Sorbet
Spicy Green Beans With Garlic
Guinness Ice Cream With Dark Chocolate Honey Sauce