- 4 cups mesclun lettuces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 8 rice paper wrappers
- Crabmeat Ravigote
- 18 spears Cooked Asparagus, halved diagonally
- 2 large vine-ripened tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable oil, for frying, plus more, for plating version 2
- Chive Oil, garnish
- Chopped parsley, garnish
- In a bowl, toss the lettuces with the olive oil and vinegar. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plating 1: Soak rice paper wrappers in warm water until they are pliable, about 3 minutes. Remove 2 softened wrappers and place on the work surface, slightly overlapping each other. Place some lettuce on the wrapper. Top with some of the ravigote and asparagus. Roll the wrapper around the filling like a burrito. Wet the edge to seal.
- Slice the tomatoes thinly. Place some tomato slices on a plate. Slice the lettuce/ravigote wrap on the diagonal and place on top of the tomatoes. Drizzle the plates decoratively with the herb oil, and garnish with chopped parsley and Essence. Serve immediately.
- Plating 2: Have rice paper wrappers soaked. Cut the rice paper into thin strips. Add the rice paper strips in batches and fry until golden, turning with a slotted spoon, about 45 seconds. Remove and drain on paper towels. Season lightly with Essence, to taste.
- Place 4 ring molds, about 3-inches in diameter and 2-inches high, in the center of 4 salad plates. Arrange the lettuces around the molds.
- Dice the tomatoes. Spoon the crabmeat into each mold, pressing firmly with the back of a spoon to pack as tightly as possible. Carefully remove the molds, leaving a tight stack of crabmeat.
- In a small bowl, lightly dress the diced tomato with chive oil and salt to taste. Gently spoon about 1 tablespoon of the dressed tomato onto each crabmeat stack. Arrange 4 asparagus spears around each plate, placing a small dollop of the remaining tomato between each spear. Stand chive spears against each crabmeat stack, top with the fried rice papers and decoratively garnish the plates with parsley and Essence, and serve.
Herb Tossed White Asparagus, Fresh Crabmeat, And Grilled Radicchio Salad
Roasted Chicken With Lemon Herb Sauce And Sauteed Mushrooms, Two Ways
Roasted Asparagus, Shaved Valdila Onion, Tomato And Crabmeat Salad
Vanilla Creme Brulee, Two Ways
Grilled Escolar With A Saute Of Fresh Asparagus, Baby Morels And Currant Tomatoes
Grilled Spiny Lobster With A Warm Tomato Salad, Garlic Creamed New Potatoes And A Drizzle Of White Truffle Oil
Vietnamese French Crabmeat And Asparagus Salad
Asparagus and Crabmeat Salad
Pasta Rags with Chicken Confit, Asparagus, and Teardrop Tomatoes
Teardrop Tomato And Watercress Salad With Crabmeat Ravigote