- 4 (6 to 8-ounce) center cut salmon fillets, with skin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound fresh pea shoots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Warm Lentil Ragout
- Season the salmon lightly with salt and pepper.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the salmon, skin side down, and cook until the skin is crisp, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and transfer the salmon to a platter.
- In a clean large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the pea shoots and cook, stirring, until slightly wilted but still bright green, about 30 seconds. Season lightly with salt and remove from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the lentil ragout onto 4 large plates. Arrange the salmon and pea shoots on top and serve.
- Wine Pairing: Marques De Caceres Rioja Crianza, Spain, most current vintage available
Warm Lentil Ragout
Warm Pea Shoot And Rock Shrimp Salad With Hoisin Dressing And Crispy Wontons
Seared Salmon With A Wild Mushroom And White Bean Ragout And A Merlot Reduction Sauce
Pacific Coast Salmon And Wild Ramps, With A Morel, Crawfish, And Fiddlehead Fern Ragout
Seared Salmon With Lentils
Seared Scallops On Wilted Watercress With Champagne Butter Sauce
Spring Pea Soup With Smoked Bacon And Pea Shoots
Seared Salmon Or Pan Fried Snapper With Saute Vegetables And A Drizzle Of Lemon Butter Sauce
Baked Louisiana Blue Crab Imperial With Caviar And Sauteed Pea Shoots
The Girls' Oven Roasted Salmon And Veggie Lentils