- 5 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, and cut into large wedges
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus 1 tablespoon
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons, plus 1 tablespoon Calvados
- 1 prepared Sweet Tart Crust
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar, plus more for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss the apples with the melted butter and 1 tablespoon of the sugar.
- In a bowl fitted with an electric mixer, combine 1/2 cup sugar and eggs. Beat until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Add the creme fraiche and 2 teaspoons Calvados and beat for 1 minute.
- Decoratively arrange the apples evenly over the bottom of the baked tart shell. Pour the cream mixture over the apples and spread to the edges. Bake until the cream is set and the apples are tender, 50 minutes to 1 hour.
- Remove and cool on a wire rack for at least 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks start to form. Add 2 teaspoons of confectioners' sugar and the remaining tablespoon of Calvados and beat until stiff peaks start to form. Transfer to a decorative bowl.
- Remove the tart from the pastry mold. Place on a platter, dust with confectioners' sugar, and serve with the Calvados whipped cream.
Prune Tart With Armagnac Whipped Cream
Meringue Shells With Macerated Strawberries, Whipped Cream And Hazelnut Chocolate Sauce
Berry Ice Cream Pie With Coconut Whipped Cream
Chocolate Praline Tart with Caramel, Chocolate Sauce, and Vanilla Ice Cream
Microwave Double Chocolate Brownies With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Butterscotch Pudding with Scotch Whipped Cream
Apple Custard Pie With Sweetened Whipped Cream
Buttermilk Spice Cake With Fresh Apple Puree And Roasted Walnut Cream Cheese Frosting
Apple Tart Tatin With Homemade Puff Pastry