- 1 pineapple, skin, eyes and blemishes removed
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 1/2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons coconut liqueur
- 2 tablespoons toasted, shredded coconut
- 4 sprigs mint, for garnish
- Cut the pineapple crosswise into 3/4-inch rounds (there should be 8 slices), and remove the core.
- In a large nonstick saute skillet, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla bean, and vanilla seeds. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. When the sugar is dissolved, add the pineapple slices and cover. Cook 1 minute, then reduce the heat to low. Continue to cook for 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the rum. Return to the heat and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, remove the pineapple from the pan and place in a large bowl. Place the pan over medium heat, cook until reduced and thick, 5 to 7 minutes. Pour the syrup over the pineapple and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place the yogurt in a cheesecloth-lined fine mesh strainer placed over a bowl, and let drain, refrigerated, for 2 hours, or overnight.
- Add the coconut liqueur to the drained yogurt and mix well.
- To serve, remove the vanilla bean from the bowl. Divide the pineapple slices and syrup between 4 small bowls. Top with a dollop of vanilla yogurt and sprinkle with toasted coconut. Garnish with the mint and serve.
Red Snapper Fillets Poached With Fennel And Vermouth, Served With Orange Vinaigrette, And Rice With Peas And Pine Nuts
Island Shrimp And Pineapple Skewers With Rum Butter Sauce
Hearts Of Palm Salad With Vine Ripened Tomatoes, Oranges, Bibb Lettuce, Shaved Fennel, And Fried Soft Shell Crabs With Cucumber Yogurt Dressing
Grilled Pineapple With Rum Glaze And Coconut Ice Cream
Poached Oranges And Satsumas In Rosemary Clove Syrup
Poached Pears In Vanilla And Champagne
Rice With Peas And Pine Nuts
Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Light Pan Sauce And Braised Celery
Mille Feuille Of Benne Wafers And Pineapple Pastry Cream With Macerated Berries
Italian Cream Cake With A Coconut And Pineapple Icing