- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the chicken breast between sheets of plastic wrap and pound, with the flat side of a meat mallet to 1/4-inch thickness. Pat dry with paper towels.
- Place 1 ball of mushroom stuffing along 1/2 of each chicken piece. Tuck the short ends in and, starting at 1 long side, roll up the chicken into a tight cylinder. Fasten with toothpicks. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large, non-stick skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the stuffed chicken and cook, turning, until brown on all sides, 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the heat and place in the oven. Bake until cooked through, about 7 minutes. Alternately, cover the skillet and cook over low heat until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add the shallots to the pan juices and cook, over medium heat until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and thyme and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the Madeira and bring to a boil. Cook, stirring, until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the chicken stock, return to a boil, and cook, until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken and any juices to the pan and cook until the chicken is warmed through, about 1 minute. Serve with Braised Celery.
Blue Cheese Butter Spread, And Blue Cheese Butter Stuffed Chicken Breasts With Butter Infused Pan Sauce
Pan-seared Halibut In A Miso Broth With Enoki Mushrooms, Edamame, And Pea Sprouts
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette
Bob Marley's Reggae: Jerk Marinated Chicken† Breast Skewers, Chargrilled And Served With Creamy Cucumber Dipping Sauce And Yuca Fries
Roasted Chicken Breasts With Roasted Acorn Squash, Braised Pears, And A Pear Cider Reduction
Seared Magret Duck Breasts With Duck Fat, Pan-roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Haricots Verts And A Balsamic Cherry Reduction
Herbed Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast With Walnuts And Spinach
Roasted Veal Loin Stuffed With Fontina Cheese And Truffles With A Mushroom Sauce