- 4 (6-ounce) red snapper fillets
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 large bulb fennel, stems trimmed, sliced thinly lengthwise (leafy fronds reserved for sauce and garnish)
- 1 medium yellow onion, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup dry white vermouth, or dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fish stock, or water
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh fennel fronds
- Rice with Peas and Pine Nuts
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Season the fish on both sides with salt, pepper, and Essence.
- Saute the fennel and onions in olive oil until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Lay the fish on top, and add the vermouth and fish stock. Cover the pot and bake until the fish is cooked and still tender, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the fish, fennel, and onion to a platter. Tent to keep warm.
- Transfer the cooking juices and the 3 onion rings to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes. Add the orange juice and cook until reduced by half again, 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a blender, and puree on high speed. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Arrange the fish, vegetables and rice on 4 large plates. Drizzle the fish with the orange vinaigrette, garnish with the fennel fronds, and serve.
Rice With Peas And Pine Nuts
Herb Crusted Catfish With Tomato Fennel Vinaigrette, And Andouille And Fava Bean Relish
Oven Roasted Red Snapper Fillets With Tomatoes And Onions
Orange And Rum Poached Pineapples With Vanilla Yogurt
Chicken Pockets Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Chorizo, And Pine Nuts On A Bed Of Southern Style Black Eye Peas
Pistachio And Pine Nut Crusted Rack Of Venison With Wild Mushroom And Bacon Bread Pudding And A Cherry-sage Reduction Sauce
Baby Lettuces And Cayenne Roasted Peanuts With Creole Honey Mustard Vinaigrette, And Homemade White Cheddar Crackers
Cipollini Stuffed Chicken Breasts And Poached Leeks With A Dijon Vinaigrette
Smoked Buffalo With Melted Fennel, Leeks, And Hearts Of Palm Salad With Florida Orange Vinaigrette
Leg Of Lamb Stuffed With Goat Cheese, Pine Nuts, Apples And Mint