- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baby Bam
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated cheddar
- 14 fully cooked cocktail sausages
- Optional condiments: ketchup, mustard, chili sauce, cheese sauce
- Note: These are made in a cast-iron cornstick pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and make sure the oven rack is in the center position.
- Lightly grease the corn-shaped wells of the cast iron pan with 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil. Place the pan in the oven to preheat (pan should heat in the oven at least 15 minutes).
- While the pan is heating, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil, cornmeal, flour, baking powder, Baby Bam, salt, buttermilk, egg, and cheddar in a mixing bowl and stir with a fork until just combined.
- Carefully remove the hot pan from the oven and spoon about 3 tablespoons of the batter into each well. (This will use up only half of the batter.) Lay 2 cocktail sausages down the center of each well. Spoon the remaining batter into each well, dividing evenly between the wells, completely covering the sausages. Bake until golden brown, about 18 minutes.
- Remove pan from the oven and let sit for 3 to 5 minutes before turning the muffins out of the pan. Serve hot, with desired condiments for dipping.
Ka Bam Kabobs
Right Out Of The Oven Corn Dogs
Make Your Own Baked Potatoes With Special Sauce
Cup Cakes With Vanilla And Chocolate Icings
The Girls' Oven Roasted Salmon And Veggie Lentils
Oven Roasted Red Snapper Fillets With Tomatoes And Onions
Classic Chicago Hot Dog