- 8 (4 ounce) whole quail, boneless, rinsed and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry Sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus 1 tablespoons
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons Essence
- 1/3 cup chopped yellow onions
- 1 3/4 cups whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound asparagus, cleaned and steamed
- In a large bowl, toss the quail with the Worcestershire, Sherry, salt, and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil to 325 degrees F. in a large cast-iron skillet or deep saute pan over medium-high heat.
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour with the Essence. One at a time, dredge the quail in the flour, shaking to remove any excess. Reserve excess flour.
- Fry in batches until golden brown and cooked through, turning once, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Remove and drain on paper towels. Pour off all oil and wipe out pan with a clean towel.
- To make the milk pan gravy, add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to the skillet and heat. Add the onions and cook, over medium-high heat, until soft. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons of the remaining flour and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the milk and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened, 5 to 6 minutes. Add 2 green onions, garlic, and parsley and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, spoon the mashed potatoes into the center of 4 large plates, top with 2 quail and the pan gravy, and serve with asparagus.
Chicken Fried Pork Chops With Andouille Milk Gravy Over Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Herb Stuffed Roasted Chicken With Reduced Pan Gravy, And Herbed Rice Pilaf With Peas
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes
Cinnamon Smoked Venison Medallions With Bourbon Mash Sweet Potatoes And A Caramelized Onion Gravy
Emerilized Salisbury Steak With Mushroom Gravy And Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Pan Roasted Squab With Cherry Balsamic Sauce, Fried Sweet Potato And Beet Nests, And Haricot Verts
Emeril's Grilled Cowboy Steak With Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes, Fried Oysters And A Drizzle Of Homemade Worcestershire Sauce
Country Ham With Redeye Gravy And Buttermilk Biscuits
Fried Quail With Creamy Ham Gravy
Country Fried Steak With White Gravy