- 2 1/4 pounds fresh thin asparagus, tough ends discarded
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 cups chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Red Pepper Sauce
- 1/4 pound lump crabmeat, garnish
- Cut 16 tips from the tops of the asparagus and reserve for garnish. Cut the remaining asparagus into 1/2-inch pieces.
- In a medium sized, heavy pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the asparagus, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes. Add the chicken stock and white wine and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the asparagus are very tender, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot of salted water to a boil. Add the asparagus tips and blanch until just tender, about 2 minutes. Drain and refresh in an ice bath.
- Add the cream to the soup and bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the soup in batches to a blender and process on high speed until very smooth. Remove from the heat and ladle into 4 large soup bowls. Swirl the Red Pepper Sauce in a decorative pattern over the soup in each bowl. Spoon 1 tablespoon of crabmeat into the center and arrange the blanched tips around the crabmeat. Serve immediately.
- Pair with: Brancott Reserve Sauvignon Blanc
Lump Crabmeat Ravioli With Red Pepper Cream Sauce And Asparagus
Roasted Yellowtail Snapper With A Lump Crabmeat And Grilled Asparagus Relish With A Lemon Beurre Blanc
Cold Asparagus Soup With Lump Crabmeat
Red Pepper Sauce
Florida Grouper With Tomatillo Sauce, Florida Orange Mango Salsa, Lump Crabmeat Guacamole, And Fried Yucca Chips
Black Pepper Crusted Sea Scallops With A Crab Meat And Fiddlehead Fern Relish With Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
Lump Crabmeat And Fresh Florida Hearts Of Palm Strudel With A Sweet Corn Remoulade
Swirl Of Roasted Red And Yellow Pepper Soup With Shrimp Dumplings
Oysters On The Half Shell With Shallot White Pepper Mignonette
Creole Callaloo With Roasted Red Pepper Rouille