- 1 pound small zucchini, grated and squeezed dry in a towel
- 1/4 cup grated yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons chopped lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 (5-ounce) log goat cheese, very thinly sliced
- Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine the zucchini, onions, basil, zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl, combine the flour and baking powder. Add the eggs and flour mixture to the vegetables and stir just until combined.
- Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. When hot, add enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Add the batter by tablespoons into the skillet (making sure to spoon both batter and vegetables), leaving 1-inch between the cakes. Immediately drop a round of cheese into the center of each pancake. Top with another tablespoon of batter to enclose the cheese. Cook until golden brown on the bottom side, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip with a spatula and cook on the 2nd side until golden brown, about 1 minute. Remove from the pan and place on a baking sheet. Keep warm in the oven while preparing the remaining pancakes.
- Arrange the pancakes on a platter, drizzle with the tomato sauce, and serve immediately.
Goat's Cheese Stuffed Softshells With A Pecan Pesto Butter Sauce
Tried And True Buttermilk Pancakes With Strawberry Puree
Bacon Pancakes With Walnut Butter And Caramelized Onions
Roasted Quail Stuffed With Veal Over Creamy Goat's Cheese Grits With A Maderia Reduction
Garlic Escargot With Goat Cheese, Fennel And Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
Crawfish And Goat's Cheese Stuffed Leg Of Lamb With Rosemary Jus
Tomato, Zucchini, And Leek Galette With Roasted Garlic Goat Cheese
Cheese Stuffed Soft Shell Crabs With Grilled Tomato Basil Coulis, And Grilled Green Onions
Lasagna Of Fresh Spinach, Corn And Crab With A Goat's Cheese Sauce
Roasted Rack Of Lamb With Goat's Cheese Potatoes And Sauce P…rigueux