- WILD MUSHROOM CONFIT:
- 1 1/2 pounds assorted wild mushrooms, such as shiitake, portobello, oyster, or cremini
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 cups light, neutral flavored oil, such as safflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked barley
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red radish
- 2 tablespoons finely diced carrot
- 2 green onions (white and green) thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons minced flat-leaf parsley
- 2 cups mesclun salad mixture
- Truffle oil, for drizzling
- Carrot Chip Curls
- To make the confit: Stem and clean the mushrooms, leaving the caps whole, except the portobellos, which can be quartered. In a colander, combine the mushrooms and sprinkle generously with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set the colander aside in a bowl, for 30 minutes to 1 hour, stirring occasionally, allowing the mushrooms to release as much liquid as possible (do not reserve the liquid). Pat the mushrooms dry with a paper towel.
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a large baking dish, combine the mushrooms with the oil, garlic, bay leaves, thyme, rosemary, and black pepper. Cover with foil, and bake for 1 1/2 hours, until the mushrooms are very tender. Transfer the mushrooms to a strainer or colander set over a medium bowl to catch the oil. Remove and discard the bay leaves, thyme, and rosemary. Reserve 1/2 cup of the oil, and save the rest of the mushroom oil for other recipes.
- To make the salad: In a small bowl, combine the garlic, vinegar, mustard, salt, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Gradually whisk in the 1/2 cup of reserved mushroom oil to make a creamy dressing.
- In a medium bowl combine the mushrooms, barley, radish, carrots, green onions, and parsley; lightly toss with a little of the dressing. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In another medium bowl, toss the mesclun with a little of the dressing and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Reserve the remaining dressing for another use.
- To serve, divide the greens among 4 plates. Top with the mushroom salad and drizzle with truffle oil. Top with the carrot curls and serve immediately.
Corncakes With Confit Of Duck And Hot Pepper Jelly
Lemon Barley Water
Warm Porcini Mushroom Flan With Wild Mushroom Confit,truffle Emulsion And Crispy Phyllo Threads
Confit Of Wild And Exotic Mushrooms With Pasta Rags, White Truffle Oil, Shaved Truffles, And Parmigiano-reggiano Cheese
Scallops, Confit Of Wild Mushrooms, And Black Truffle Dome
Pan Crispy Striped Bass With Brown Butter, Lump Crab Meat And Wild Mushroom and Watercress Salad
Scallop, Confit Of Wild Mushroom And Black Truffle Dome
Lobster With Champagne Vanilla Sauce And Wild Mushroom Salad
Wild Mushroom Flan With A Warm Spinach Salad
Fried Wild Mushroom Salad With Wild Mushroom Dressing